The latest update from the Office of the Director of Health Services. A total of 300 samples were processed today with 52 new cases identified today.
They are distributed as follows:
- Toledo – 1 (Big Falls)
- Cayo – 9 (2 Belmopan, 5 San Ignacio, 1 Santa Elena, 1 Armenia)
- Belize – 11 (10 San Pedro, 1 Ladyville)
- Orange Walk – 15 (4 Town, 2 Yo Creek, 1 Trial Farm, 2 Nuevo San Juan, 1 San Lazaro, 1 from Corozal Town but swabbed in OW, 4 from Toledo but swabbed in OW)
- Corozal – 16 (10 Town, 1 Chan Chen, 1 Carolina, 1 Xaibe, 1 Santa Clara, 1 Libertad & 1 from OW)
- We have had 53 recoveries so that we now have 37.7% of our cases active.
- We have two patients that remaining critically ill at KHMH’s ICU.
Our surveillance team has also picked up 3 cases of co-infection with dengue, this is something that had been described in the region and something we had been looking out for given the added layer of complication this can bring. We will continue to monitor these particular situations across the country. Please continue to remain safe.